Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I Am a Child of God

January 2008 - Talk #1

I am a child of god. I have a Father in Heaven who loves me He wants me to be happy, and wants me to return to live with him again someday.


Before we were born, we lived with Heavenly Father. The place we lived before we were born is called the Pre-Mortal World. We came to this earth to get a body and to be tested.


Each of us were created in the image of Heavenly Father. This means that Heavenly Father's body looks like ours.


President Gordon B. Hinckley has said: "Never forget, my dear young friends, that you really are a child of God... He loves [you] and desires to help and bless. May life be kind to you, for you are indeed a child of God.
"

Just like our parents on earth, our Heavenly Father wants us to make good choices. Before we came to earth, we ma
de the choice to follow Heavenly Father's plan instead of Satan's. We decided that we wanted to receive a body and come to earth.

I know that I have a Father in Heaven. I know that he loves me and I know that I was created in his likeness. I know that if I continue to make good choices, I can live with Heavenly Father again one day

.



No comments: